Monday, June 20, 2011

Getting Started on the Headboard

For months now I have been thinking about building a headboard for our king size bed.  You may remember the sad tale of the end of our old headboard.  Rest in peace old friend.  Ever since this tragedy I have been on the lookout for inspiration.  I considered an upholstered headboard, like the one I made here, but then decided I wanted a more rustic look.  I looked for old doors or window frames but couldn't find just the right thing.  Then last week at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore I was inspired by these old wood base boards...


So I picked up 4 at $1 a piece.  What a steal!  At the time I didn't know what I was going to do with them, but after a few days of starring at them in my garage I thought...what a great start to a headboard!  So that is where I am now, at the start. 

As with most projects this is going to be a wait and see kind of thing.  I am going to take it one step at a time and wait and see how it all comes together.  The good thing is I have lots of inspiration to draw from.  My fellow bloggers have come up with amazing designs!  Check some of these beauties out...











All amazing, right!?!  I only hope mine can compare.  So I send myself the Irish Decorators Prayer...may your wood be blessed, may your design be frugal, and may you not have any power tool mishaps...what, you haven't heard that one!    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment