Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Door County, Wisconsin

How many of you are saying "where" right now?  Well "where" is where I am right now.  Door County is in northern Wisconsin and is a peninsula with Green Bay to the west and Lake Michigan to the east.  It is claimed to be "the Cape Cod of the Midwest".  (No, I did not come up with that but I sure wish I had!) 

Door County is made up of adorable beach towns and charming but quirky vacation rentals.  For the second summer in a row my family...husband, daughter, brother, sister-in-law, their 2 kids and my mom...have spent a week in one of the charming but quirky rentals and that is where we are right now. 

One thing I love about Door County is the wonderful antique and homey shops.  (Homey like stuff for your home not homey like the clown, but he is pretty cool too.)  And today my sister-in-law and I did a little "research" while the kids napped.  We found two great spots!  Chelsea Antiques and Blue Willow Shop in Sister Bay, WI.  Here are some of the goodies we found...

At Chelsea Antiques these amazing vases caught our eyes.   



You pour water in the center and fill each hole with flowers!  I also loved their lamps.


I could fill my house with lamps like this (if I could afford them)...



Blue Willow Shop had wonderful frames that caught my eye.


I am thinking of going back and getting a few of these.  I mean everyone needs a vacation souvenir...


I also loved this guy.  Need I mention that bacon is a staple in the Wisconsin diet which I try to avoid daily.

So if anyone needs me I will be lounging on the beach through the weekend.  And most likely hitting up a few more homey shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment