Monday, March 12, 2012

Some Great Finds

This post takes Mission Decorate a little off track, but sometimes deviating from the norm is just what the doctor ordered.  So today I thought I would share with you some of my recent great finds, decor related and not. 

This first find is my first official step in tackling one of my first quarter goals, to be better to Mother Earth.  It is a small step but often the first one is...EasyLunchBoxes.com.    Easy Lunch Boxes sells a set of 4 3-compartment containers that make keeping food separate for your kiddos (or you) so easy.  The set is only $13.95 and is on its way to me right now.  They also sell a cooler lunch box which can fit the container, a drink, additional snacks and a small ice pack (not included).  They come in all different colors and are only $7.95.  My daughter of course will be getting the purple one since it is her favorite color. 


containers7bagsverticalSMAL

My next great find comes from Pinterest, of course.  It is not my typical project but randomly solved a problem I have been having.  You see, lately I have been on the prowl for a wrap bracelet.  You know, these things...

Pinned Image

But I just haven't ever found the colors I want for a reasonable price.  Well, the other day I stumbled upon this great tutorial for making your own wrap bracelets.  I was skeptical to even click on it because I haven't made jewelry since a lovely friendship bracelets we used to give each other at summer camp when I was 10.  But I did and the directions where so easy!  So although I haven't tackled the project yet, it is now on the to-do list. 

This next one I have been meaning to share with you for months...Mabel's Labels.  My wonderful friend, Anna, gave me these labels a while back for my daughter
Skinny Minis
and I use them on everything!  These are the "skinny minis", about 1 1/2 inches long and stick like crazy.  I use them on  sippy cups, plastic food containers, metal water bottles, cloth bags and they never come off, even in the dish washer.  These are a must have for when your kids go to childcare or school.  And I bet all the other labels are just as great. 

My next "great find" are really more great ideas and that idea is all the clever ways people are using closets.  Now this is only a tease for an upcoming post because my sister-in-law wins the prize for the cutest use of a closet.  So as soon as we get our but in gear and take some pics I will share with you the absolute winner.  but in the mean time check out these awesome runners up...

Pinned Image
source

Pinned Image
source

Pinned Image
source

Now this last find may only be awesome to me but that is because I am scarf obsessed!  And with Spring coming (some day) light scarves are all the rage in adding a pop of color and / or pattern to an outfit.  And this post on theFashionSpot.com gives you 15 great ways to tie a scarf. 

Pinned Image

Obviously, a few numbers are missing in this pick but just click here to see all 15 and get simple how-to's. 

So if you have any great products, how-to's or ideas you want to share with us just visit the Mission Deocrate Facebook page and give us the scoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment