Wednesday, December 19, 2012

PicMonkey Cards

I'm thinking that most of you out there have already ordered and sent your holiday cards.  But that doesn't mean you don't need thank you notes, new years invites or who knows what cards.  And I am here today to show you how to create your very own cards on PicMonkey.


Let's take this baby one step at a time...

Step 1: Head on over to picmonkey.com.  Begin by selecting "create a collage".  Then save the page you see.

Step 2: Return to the PicMonkey main page and select "edit a photo" and open the blank collage document you just saved.

Step 3: On the left side of your screen select "overlays" which looks like a bunch of talking bubbles.  Once this screen is open select "Your Own" and open whatever picture you would like to use on your card.  When the picture pops up adjust the size and location of the picture.  Once the picture is the size and in the spot you want click the merge button above the card and this will merge the layers together and set your picture.

Step 4: Now it is time to add text.  Select the "P" on the left side of the screen.  Select the font you like and start typing.  You can change the text size, color and location.  If you want to use multiple fonts simply create additional text boxes.  In the above I used La Belle Aurore and Dead Hardy, but I love them all!

There are many additional options you can add from here.  On the card above I added a border to make the edges pop.  You can also use the fun themes PicMonkey offers or add textures.

I recently used this same method to make invitations for my daughter's birthday party (much more on that later) and saved a bunch of money!  A similar photo invite on Tiny Prints would have cost $1.50 per card but I was able to print 2 invitations per page and it was $1.15 a page at my local print shop.  So rather then $30 for 20 invitations, I spent $11.50.  Can't beat that!  

No comments:

Post a Comment