Monday, January 14, 2013

What To Do, What To Do?

The painting in the bathroom is done.  (Well as done as it is going to be for now.)


And now it is time for some decisions to be made.  Here is the deal...the room already looks totally different with the paint change.  We have already purchased and will soon start installing wainscoting.  But then where do we go from there?

Option One leaves us with a good looking bathroom.  New color, wainscoting and new fixtures.  And all with a pretty reasonable investment.  My fun and very rough rendition looks something like this...


If you squint and ignore the clutter you kinda get the idea.  Decent change, right?  It will make an impact and with the right accessories look pretty darn good.

But we could do more.  And, of course spend more.  My plan would be to remove the mirror and cover that section of the wall with glass tile, vanity to ceiling.  Then hang a smaller mirror from the tile.  


Pretty amazing, right?!?!  The mirror I have pictured is from Target (you can find it here).  I have no idea if the size would work but I am running rough numbers here people so cut me a break :)  It is $40.  The tile I chose is from Home Depot (here) and $6.95 per square foot.  Our space is about 18 sq ft so that adds up to $125.  Of course that does not include grout and install materials.  I also have to keep in mind that there will probably be some expense to removing the current mirror because who knows what will be hiding behind.  So lets estimate that this design will be about $250 more.  So...well...hmmmm.  What to do, what to do?  

Well, the answer is we don't know.  The plan is to keep moving forward and think about it along the way.  So I will keep you posted but in the mean time I would love your feedback.  So comment, email, post on FB and let us know what to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment