Monday, January 9, 2012

Birthday Party Decorations

In just one week from today my little girl will be 2.  And just as all parents say... I can't believe how big she is!  Her first birthday party seems like just days ago.  Let's reminisce...


Her 1st Birthday Party had a storytime theme.  I decorated with picture book pages and gave the kiddos books to take home.  And my brother read Kylie's two favorite books to all the little ones gathered around.  It was a great day highlighted of course by this!  (Here is the full post.)


This year I started planning for the big bash early...May to be exact.  I was enjoying the lovely Spring weather when I was inspired.  Kylie's next birthday party will be a sledding party!  Brilliant!  I am going to have to deal with the weather every year for her birthday so rather than fight it, why not make the most out of it.  So sledding it is.  Invitations have been made and sent and everything was going smoothly until one major problem...WE HAVE NO SNOW!  No seriously, I live in Wisconsin.  It is January and we have absolutely ZERO snow on the ground.  Of course we don't!  So back up plans are being discussed and I am sure we will come up with something great, but in the mean time I have gotten started on the decorations (of course).

First up, the lovely oh so fun Martha Stewart Tissue Pom Poms!  They are so easy to make and are just so cheery.  I just love them.   


Now quick disclaimer...the above picture is not of the pom poms I made.  This pic is from Young House Love.  Mine are very similar...Pink, Yellow and Green...but are still hiding away from the birthday girl so I couldn't take a pic yet.  But that will come soon :)

To her credit, Martha Stewart gives an easy to follow tutorial with pics here so if you want to make these yourself check it out! 

My next project was equally easy, fabric bunting.  (I actually don't know if this qualifies as bunting but it is a fun word so we are going with it!)  I picked up some fabric quarters and fished thru the remnants bin to find a lovely mixtures of colors and patterns.


I cut all the fabric in stripes of random length and width...


And then simply hot glued each strip onto ribbon.


And the best part is I can reuse both of these projects as more permanent decs Ky's room. 

So more decorations are in the works and even though the snow has decided not to cooperate with us I am certain it will be a wonderful day!  And don't worry, I will give you all the fun details next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment