Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Dora Party Invitations

Time to get down to the nitty gritty and share all the deets on the Dora Bash.  So let's start at the beginning...the invitations!

I love including a picture of the birthday girl on party invitations.  It is a cute visual and pop of color but even better it is so fun to use them as art later on.   And not to mention a good way for a sappy mom to tear up will thinking about how big her little girl has gotten.

 





Sniffle, sniffle.  

For her first and second birthday I created and ordered her invitations at TinyPrints, which I love.  But this time around I decided to make them myself.  With a little help from my friend PicMonkey it was super easy!  

Just follow this link for my full tutorial on how to make a PicMonkey card.  

Once I had created the cards I took them to FedEx Office to print.  Now you could print them at home if you have a great color printer that does well with cardstock.  But sigh, our printer is only so-so which made me think this was a better job for a professional.  I was able to fit two invitations to a page and I trimmed them myself so in total I spent about $13 for 20 invitations. 

And if you are looking for some more ideas for wording your Dora invitations here are some that I love...

Calling All Explorers

It's a fiesta!

Come on vamanos, everybody let's go

Child's Name the Explorer is turning 5!

She did it!

Follow the map and you will see child's name is turning 3

Let's Explore!  Child's name is turning 4.

Join us for an Ah-Dora-ble birthday fiesta!  

OK, that last one is my favorite so I will stop there.  Stay tuned for more on the how to make your Dora party happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment